When we think of health, we more often than not think of a healthy diet, and while eating well certainly plays a massive role, it’s not only what you’re putting in your body that counts. This is why I’ve put together a list of 55 healthy lifestyle quotes that encompass mindset, working out, food and lifestyle.
‘Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity’ (World Health Organisation).
When you’re not living your best, most healthy lifestyle, it can seem super overwhelming to make the switch, but it doesn’t have to be. It can feel like you need to cut out everything you love and work your butt off for 3 hours a day until your legs are trembling, but that’s just not the case.
Focus on small, positive habits to introduce into your life, and strive to add in healthier choices, rather than taking away things you love. For example, make it a goal to focus on adding in more fresh fruits and veggies to your diet, rather than making a goal of cutting out all junk foods.
Adding in more fruit and veg feels like an attainable goal, and is a positive change. Naturally, as you eat more of these healthier foods, you’ll eat less junk food. However, if you focus on cutting out all junk foods, it feels like a negative change and doesn’t feel realistic, meaning you might make it to lunchtime on the second day before caving in and placing an UberEats order.
As you make one habit an easy part of your lifestyle, add in another, until you get to the point where you’re making healthy choices throughout the day without realising it, until one day you have a lightbulb moment of ‘oh, I guess I am living a healthy lifestyle now’.
Use these healthy lifestyle quotes as your oomph, your get up and go, your motivation to get out there and live your healthiest life!
[lwptoc colorScheme=”inherit” backgroundColor=””]
Benefits of exercise
There are so many health benefits that come with making a lifestyle change to focus more on healthy living. Let’s start with exercise.
The benefits of regular exercise include:
- Up to 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- Up to 35% lower risk of heart disease and stroke
- Up to 30% lower risk of depression
- 30% lower risk of early death
- Up to 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- Up to 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- Up to 20% lower risk of breast cancer
The list goes on. Exercise is all around great for you. As well as being excellent for your body physically, working out is also great for your mind as it produces endorphins that genuinely make you happier. If you’re a bit of a gym hater like me and find treadmills incredibly dull, there are loads of ways you can incorporate more exercise into your lifestyle. You could try:
- Martial Arts
- Bounce Fit
You name it, someone’s created it. So whether it’s shaking dat ass to some Mexican fiesta music, or throwing a few good punches (preferably not at your loved ones), there’s going to be something you love.
Benefits of healthy eating
When you eat crap, you feel crap, there’s no doubt about it. Unfortunately, we live in a convenience kind of world, and when we’re busy, it’s easier to pick up a Big Mac, than it is to find something wholesome and nutritious. But those big golden arches aren’t going to help you on your way to good health. The human body needs good nutrition, made up of nutritionally dense, whole foods, mostly from plants. Here are some stats of the benefits of a healthy diet.
Eating a healthy diet helps to reduce your risk of:
- Heart disease
- Some cancers
- Type 2 diabetes
It can also help improve:
- Gut health
- Bone and tooth health
A healthy diet consists of at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day, less than 10% of daily intake from added sugar, healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, seeds, etc, whole grains, legumes, healthy sources of protein, and less than 5g of salt per day.
Also, don’t forget that h2O intake. Up to 80% of the time when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually thirsty. Something I recently found out about hydration, is that if your body is even 1% dehydrated, your mental performance is affected, which means if you wanna stay at the top of your game, keep that water bottle close.
Maintaining a healthy mind
Stress plays a massive factor in our overall health. Stress isn’t just what you feel when you’re working like a maniac for a deadline, anxiety, depression, and worry all cause stress on the body.
Reducing stress factors can seriously improve your mental health and bingo, your overall health too. Ways you can reduce the stress factors in your life are:
- Getting enough sleep
- Deep breathing exercises
- Daily journaling
It also helps to identify your stress factors. For me, a few years ago, I realised that my job was a significant cause of stress for me. I was finding myself worrying about work even when I’d finished for the day, checking my work emails before bed, and crying before I clocked in. What did I do? I quit.
I realise that I made that sound super easy. It wasn’t. I didn’t just walk out one day, I identified it as a stress factor that I couldn’t manage in my life, found a new job, and took a significant pay cut in order to prioritise my overall mental health.
I NEVER looked back. I started a job I loved, with people that made me laugh all day every day, and a work-life balance that meant when 3 PM rolled around, work ran out of my mind and didn’t even try creeping back in until the next morning.
Take some time to identify if there are any major stress factors in your life that are unmanageable, and if there are, start looking into the possibility of eliminating those from your life, even if it means a big, scary change.
Disclaimer: The author of these quotes, unless otherwise stated, is unknown.
Healthy Lifestyle Quotes
Here are a few healthy lifestyle quotes to inspire you to make a change.
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
- While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us. – Benjamin Franklin
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself.
- There are two kinds of pain: the pain of change and the pain of never changing and remaining the same. – Joyce Meyer
- Start the habit of asking yourself ‘does this support the life I’m trying to create?’
- Mindset, habits, and routines are the building blocks for success towards your wellness goals. – Robyn Conely Downs
- Health is adding a level of intention to every area of your life. – Miranda Anderson
- Healthy habits are learned in the same way as unhealthy ones – through practise. – Wayne Dyer
- Today, be the badass girl you were too lazy to be yesterday.
- Transformation isn’t about adding more work to your life; it’s about shifting your perspective so life becomes more fun, magical, and joyful. – Sheri Salata
- Live less out of habit, and more out of intent.
- I’ve never seen any life transformation that didn’t begin with the person finally getting tired of their own bullshit. – Elizabeth Gilbert
- The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information. – Jen Sincero
- The greatest wealth is health. – Virgil
- Healthy is an outfit that looks different on everybody.
Healthy Eating Quotes
We don’t need to be told to eat healthily. However, we do often need some motivation to keep our body healthy, so here are a bunch of healthy lifestyle quotes for diet, to do just that.
- To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art. – François de la Rochefoucauld
- You can’t expect to feel like a million bucks if you eat from the dollar menu.
- I believe that the greatest gift that you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. – Joyce Meyer
- You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. – Michael Pollan
- Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.
- Eating well is a form of self-respect.
- Create healthy habits, not restrictions.
- Every time you eat, you are either feeding disease or fighting it. – Heather Morgan
- The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. – Ann Wigmore
- Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food. – Hippocrates
- When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count calories. – Amanda Kraft
- Real food doesn’t have ingredients. Real food IS ingredients. – Jamie Oliver
Bingeing Netflix is so much more tempting than getting your yoga pants on and getting sweaty, but a key part of keeping a healthy body is moving it. So if you’re feeling more couch potato than runner bean right now, get motivated with these quotes that will help you feel pumped to work out.
- Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
- Don’t wish for a good body, work for one.
- Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do.
- You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.
- You are only one workout away from a good mood.
- Fall in love with the process and the results will come.
- Don’t train to be skinny, train to be a badass. – Demi Lovato
- If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.
- Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work. – Bonnie Pfiester
- A 1-hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses.
- In 2 weeks you’ll feel it. In 4 weeks you’ll see it. In 8 weeks you’ll hear it.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Rohn
- You won’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.
- ‘Wow, I really regret that workout’ said no one ever.
The mind has to be the most overlooked part of a healthy lifestyle, but in my opinion, it’s the most important. The mind controls everything we do, including nutrition and exercise. This means, if you’ve got your mind in check, the other elements will be much easier.
In saying that, here are some quotes that will help you to go easier on yourself, and treat your mind a bit more kindly.
- Train your mind to see the good in every situation.
- I’m a recovering perfectionist, and an aspiring ‘good enough-ist’. – Brene Brown
- Accepting yourself only as long as you look a certain way isn’t self-love, it’s self-destruction. – Laci Green
- Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. – Brene Brown
- You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible. – Deepak Chopra
- The way you speak to yourself matters.
- The mind is everything, what you think you become. – Buddha
- To a mind that is still, a whole universe surrenders. – Lao Tzu
- Health is about more than what you’re eating. It’s what you’re thinking, saying, and believing.
- Even when we can’t control the situation around us, we always can choose where we’re directing our attention. – Liz Stanley
- Live less out of habit, and more out of intent.
- Your life is as good as your mindset.
- Be the kind of person that makes other people want to up their game.
If you’ve decided to make a change to work towards a healthier lifestyle, well done! It’s a big decision to make and your body and mind will thank you for it. Remember that you don’t need to hit 100% of your goals, 100% of the time and that slow and steady definitely wins that race.
I hope these healthy lifestyle quotes have helped you feel motivated and inspired to keep up the good work!